Wednesday, June 05, 2013

5 Things

5 Things I've learned this week:

  1. You can totally burn food in a crock pot.  I didn't think you could, but you can.  So much for my BBQ Beef sandwiches.
  2. While classified as "non-aggressive" mud dauber hornets will become aggressive when you are actively trying to kill them.  P.S. If you come into my house uninvited I will actively try to kill you.
  3. My box spring is not a standard depth.  How do I know this?  I'm buying boxes and had to go up a size for one that would fit my non-standard box springs.  Thank you, Kim for making me measure before I bought the box.
  4. Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers will completely satisfy a craving for Purple Turtle and/or Parker's. Nothing will satisfy a craving for a Philly chicken cheesesteak except an actual Philly chicken cheesesteak.  The Roadhouse in Bastrop will quell the craving, without complete satisfaction.
  5. I had a job interview yesterday; it was horrible.  They were grossly unprofessional.  Never had I had quite the negative experience that this organization provided me.  I withdrew my application on the grounds of "HELL NO!"

ETA:  Bonus #6 - All the uproar over The Red Wedding has me bewildered.  I remember being SHOCKED(!) when I read it, but the HBO depiction was actually less graphic than my imagination.  Write faster George RR Martin; write faster!

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...