So, I'm all moved and all unpacked and still I've been running around like a crazy person the last week! I do have to say that I love, (LOVE!) the new apartment. It is nice (very clean), safe (you have to be buzzed in twice and I'm down a very long hall and around a corner), 2 balconies (that only Spider-man would be able to get to), with underground limited access garage parking and it is close to pretty much everything!
The sale closed with a minimum of fuss and I ended up getting about $7000 more than I originally expected! (Take that estimated mortgage payoff!) This means that I am currently planning my cruise in November, a quick 8 day tour of London and Paris in January or February, and a 10 day tour of Florence, Venice and Rome next November. Could I possibly be more excited? No. I actually couldn't.
I am allowing myself to blow a little of the money right away...1-Big Thank You dinner for my kick-ass family, 2-A wonderful wedding present for my former roommate who had to put up with the complete inconvenience of selling a house, 3-I bought an Ipod (Shuffle) and a digital camera, and finally 4-A bunch of travel stuff to help my traveling adventures go smoothly. Everything else is going in the bank.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Monday, May 08, 2006
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
Well, 2020 sure started off with a bang, and the first 2.5 months were a continuation of my year of travel. I started out the year in Reno,...