So, my Mexico trip is fast approaching and I freely admit to both excitement and a generalized anxiety about said trip. When I spoke with A, my friend who is from Mexico and organized the trip, she...well, made fun of me.
A: Why are you worried?
ME: Not so much worried as anxious.
A: About???
ME: Nothing in particular, just that it may be a little too...authentic for me.
A: *General Amusement and Laughter*
Let me first say, I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time. By all accounts her mother (whom I met tonight and who is delightful), her aunt (we'll be staying at her house), and everyone else in Chihuahua is very, very friendly and *more importantly* difficult to offend.
That said, I'm the type of girl who goes on a cruise to see a country for the first time or who stays in an American hotel and knows before-hand where the American restaurants are...just in case. So, you can understand why I'm generally anxious about staying in a tiny house with non-English speakers for a week. I'm worried about what I'll eat (I have numerous and very specific food-quirks), and whether or not I'll offend the hostess by doing or saying anything stupid. A and her mother have both assured me that they have plenty of cheese, chicken and tortillas so I won't starve, and that the Aunt is very difficult (if not impossible) to offend. But still, you know...I'm anxious...and excited, definitely don't forget the excited part!
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...