Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fake Pets

Fake pets are the best pets! When I owned the house the neighbors had 2 cats that liked to hang out on my back porch and run around my back yard. They were playful, fun to watch, and best of all I had absolutely no responsibility. Didn't have to feed them, shelter them, nothing. I miss those cats...until yesterday. Now, I have new fake pets.

I was sitting on my couch yesterday, and happened to glance out the living room window. I noticed a weird lump-like thing in one of the garden pots that had spent the winter on the balcony. When I went over to get a closer look, it contained a pigeon. I didn't want pigeons on my balcony so I smacked the glass and off it flew. That's when I noticed what was in the pot.

Day 1  One Egg

So, I did a little searching on pigeons and their nesting habits (turns out both parents participate in the "warming of the eggs"), and decided I would let them keep this nest for now. And today when I checked:

Day 2  Two Eggs

That is all the eggs I'm expecting. We'll see how this goes, and if they are too messy, or too noisy I'll have to destroy future nests and eggs, but for now I've got new fake pets...I'm thinking Bert and Ernie...cause they're doing the P-P-Pigeon.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...