Monday, June 09, 2008

Yelling Pig Ladies and Road Cone Mischief

The vacation was wonderful. We had beautiful weather, and it was pretty much the best vacation ever! WONDERFUL!

We flew into Seattle a day early to meet up with a cousin who lives there. She took us to Pike's Place, lunch at Lowell's (the turkey club is fantastic), where I got yelled at by a ceramic pig lady, (NO PICTURES!). I just thought, "Lady, you're in a stall in the most famous public market in the USA, and last month....last month, I got yelled at by an Amish guy. You, do not scare me."
100_4443

After we walked through the market we went to a sculpture garden. There is a sculpture there that looks kind of like a giant prehistoric bird, and AL was telling us that someone came in during the night with a miniature replica and a nest that was laid at the foot of the original bird sculpture. It caused a huge controversy and was eventually removed. (I didn't take a picture because I didn't think this bit of guerrilla art would be important). As we walked among giant road cones, I mentioned that we should find a regular road cone and duplicate the previous guerrilla art. I should say here, that I'm all for throwing out ideas like this, but have never been strong on the follow through. AL, however, delights in this sort of mischief, and the end result is:
100_4463

After leaving us to check in at the hotel and freshening up a bit, we met back up for dinner and wonderful conversation.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...