Monday, June 11, 2012

Peabody Hotel - Memphis

The Peabody Hotel in Memphis is really famous for one thing... the ducks in their lobby fountain.

We had a "rest" day in Memphis to do laundry (and worry about the car, if you are me), with nothing really planned except eat bar-b-que, maybe go to high tea (did not do), and watch the duck walk.  The ducks walk twice a day, at 11:00 a.m. they walk from their luxury penthouse (byway of the elevator) to the fountain, and at 5:00 p.m. they walk back upstairs.

We got there about 45 minutes early, and by 5:00 p.m. it was PACKED.  Also, the ducks walk really fast, so it was hard to get decent pictures.  

101_3848
Ducks in the fountain

101_3850

101_3851

101_3852

101_3853
The fountain was A LOT smaller than I thought it would be.

The Duckmaster!
101_3854

101_3858

101_3855
They block off an elevator for the ducks to travel on, and this (along with the massive crowd) seemed to really annoy several of the Peabody's guests.  To that I say, "Seriously, they are FAMOUS for the ducks.  Don't stay here if you think the ducks will be inconvenient to your plans. Loser!"

101_3862


For the video you'll have to go:  HERE!

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...