Saturday, September 08, 2012

Four Corners

While not on The List, Four Corners is something that I definitely wanted to see.  Even though I had heard people say it wasn't that impressive the idea of standing in four states at the same time has always appealed to me.  Maybe it was all that Utah history in 4th Grade.

So, while in Colorado at Mesa Verde I took the time to drive out to the Four Corners.
101_4598

It isn't really much to look at, it is just a ticket booth, a pavilion with Navaja crafts stalls set up all around it and a medallion on the ground.  But still...
101_4601

There is a small plaque inside the larger seal that I am standing on.  I wasn't about to get down on hands and knees for the photo op although a lot of people did.

101_4604

101_4603

101_4599

101_4596

101_4597

I bought some bracelets for my nieces from a little Navajo grandma, but the best part was clearly having real, authentic:
Untitled

Untitled
Oh my word - it was so good!  (Even if it was made in the sketchiest little trailer I've ever seen.)

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...