Thursday, August 01, 2013

Genealogy, I Am Doing It

This visit home made me very nostalgic, and that coupled with some very sad circumstances (a good friend just lost her mother, and another friend her young son) made me start thinking about the important things in my family.  I decided that given my hobo-ish meandering around the globe I should start a project to start scanning all the family photos.

This led to so many great discoveries and the opportunity to see many photos of my father's family that I didn't know existed.  I got a crash course in my father's life (a subject that has always been emotionally fraught and taboo in our family) and I am delighted and so touched that he shared some of these stories.  Hopefully my sisters will continue the project in my absence and we can preserve these memories for the nubbins and their nubbins.

In the meantime...

Dad in his Army dress uniform:
1963 Kent 001

Mom as a cute baby:
Baby Julene

I think this one looks like me:
Julene 005





















SCAN0049

I love this one.  I had never seen a picture of my paternal grandparents alone and looking like they were in love.  Any photo I had ever seen of my grandfather included children.  This was such an amazing find!
1937_06_29 ReedTaylor EdnaTaylor 001

Thanks, Dad for sharing bits of your life.  Now both you and mom need to get to work on a full personal history!

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...