Friday, August 09, 2013

The New Adventure

About five years ago someone mentioned that there were loads of opportunities in Prague, Czech Republic to become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).  I started thinking about it and checking into it then, but I didn’t think a)the timing was right, and b) that I was brave enough to try living abroad.
Now, having spent the last year unemployed and adrift, I finally decided that there was no better time.  If I wanted to pursue this dream the time was now.  It took a lot of research, pre-work, and stress but I closed out my apartment, visited my family in Utah, and hopped on a plane to Prague.  I am hoping to teach English here in the Czech Republic  or maybe I’ll be back in the states in a month, but I decided to go for it. 

Wish me luck and send all your prayers and good wishes… I know I need them… and stay tuned for more travel adventures both here and over at 1000 Places!

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...