I can't hear you...
!!
I had read on a travel site that the best way to get to Park Guell was to take the metro one stop beyond the "Park Guell" stop (Lesseps on the Green -L3-line) to Vallcarca and take the "electric stairs" up to the secondary park entrance. This way it was all downhill through the park. Even now I would still recommend this route, but be forewarned...there is a section which feels totally vertical that you have to climb between the escalators.
There was a lot of "Free Park Guell" graffiti around, and I assume it is because they are beginning to charge an entrance fee to the monument section of the park.
Also there was this spay-painted on the wall.
There were a ton of vendors scattered around the park, but there was one selling fans right at the top of the mountain. (Did I mention that Barcelona was a lot hotter than Eastern Europe, and so very humid!)
For one euro? Yes, please.
Hey look, off in the distance it is Gaudi's most famous undertaking... La Sagrada Familia
Gaudi created viaducts around the park wide enough to carriages to pass through.
Square of Nature and Hipostila room:
There are 86 columns supporting the square and the roof to is covered in "brittle" (mosaic). There are 14 brittle spread unevenly throughout the space.
The columns are not only support for the square above, but also serve as drains - hollow, they funnel and filter the water that collects in the square into a reservoir under the room.
Above the porch is a sandy space enclosed in Gaudinian style - it is shaped like a snake and covered in brittle.
Above the main entrance to the park (remember I was walking down!) is a grand staircase that leads to the Hipostila room which is divided by a number of water sources. This is where the famous lizard is located.
Lizard, not a dragon.
Main Entrance (or exit for those who do the uphill at the beginning)
To be completely honest I recommend the Vallcarca stop over Lesseps because neither are particularly close to either park entrance, but from Park Guell I walked back down to Lesseps (about 15 minutes), and I say down because it also had a pretty steep incline, but no electric stairs.