Sunday, May 01, 2005

If you build it, they will come

The Sunday night movie on one of our local channels tonight is Field of Dreams


I'd forgotten how much I love this movie. How sometimes fate conspires to change your life, how sometimes faith means more than obligation, how sometimes you have to leap without looking to make a dream come true or patch up old family arguments, how sometimes people you love seem crazy, but really they are the only sane ones around.

I cry when Shoeless Joe Jackson makes his first appearance, when the Doctor leaves the field to save the little girl...again choosing to sacrifice his dream to help others, when they end the film with a line of cars coming to witness the miracle of a baseball field, to again feel the simplicity and peace of their youth.

Amazing isn't it? How a simple idea, a kind word from a stranger, make you believe again. Believe in something better, something bigger than what you knew before.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...