Monday, May 16, 2005

The Work and the Glory

The good news is that I still have a job; the bad news is I'm not sure I want it.

We were told last week (something I have known about for the last 3 months) that four positions were being eliminated and 2 new positions were being created. Everyone was told they could reapply for the 2 new jobs.

So, I secured one of the new positions, but I have serious concerns with the new structure and the associated "duties". I have expressed these concerns to my supervisor and await direction. In the meantime, I'm sort of looking for something new. You know, just in case this turns out to be a really craptastic situation.

In other news, I finished reading Greg Iles' Blood Memory


which was surprisingly good. It is about a forensic odontologist who is consulting in a serial murder case which may or may not be tied in to her past...including the murder of her father and possible abuse she suffered at his hand...throw in a little mental instability, a married detective, and one crazy-ass Southern family and you are guaranteed a good read. Previous books I've read by Greg have started out with a bang and fizzled toward the end. This book kept me genuinely interested the whole time. The ending was a little too neatly wrapped up, but overall I enjoyed it and would recommend it. 496 pages

Also this weekend I started watching Murder One on DVD:



I was a big fan of this show when it first came out and was a little sad it didn't do so well. I must say that I think both Daniel Benzali and Stanley Tucci are unbeliable as Ted Hoffman and Richard Cross. I specifically love the theme song which is running through my head right now.

My little niece Macky turned 3 years old recently...pictures may follow.

And finally thanks to Stephanie for letting me know when I will die.





You Will Die at Age 70



70





You're pretty average when it comes to how you live...

And how you'll die as well.





18/50 5920/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...