Independence Day in my family is celebrated by consuming a huge breakfast of pancakes, eggs, chocolate milk and most importantly unlimited amounts of both sausage and bacon....this breakfast celebration has thus been dubbed "Porkfest".
Growing up in a huge family, bacon and sausage were treats. We had them only occasionally and when we did get them they were rationed. "You can have 1 sausage, or 2 pieces of bacon." So having as much as we wanted was a special celebration, indeed.
Porkfest 2006 was held up American Fork canyon and an area known as Mutual Dell. The Dell as we have always called it consists of a couple of pavilions, a lodge, lots and lots of individual campsites, a huge open area/baseball field, and hiking trails. My parents spend a week there each year with my aunts and uncles. It is a time for everyone to hang out together, play Bingo, roast marshmallows, and eat.
Aside from the huge rainstorm and flash flooding it was a succesfull event. Pictures of the week long outing have been posted to Flickr.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Sunday, July 09, 2006
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...