So, the title pretty much says it all, no? We found out a little over a month ago and on Tuesday my Mom underwent surgery to (cross your finger and say a prayer even if you don't think He's listening) take it all out. Everything went well and the doctors are very optimistic about her recovery, but this has been really hard on me.
Lucky for us, it is not an agressive cancer, not one that is likely to take her life, but there is always the possibility. And that teeny-tiny possibility scares me. Really, really scares me. I don't know what I'd do without her. I really don't.
I have to say that the folks at the Huntsman Cancer Institute are wonderful. I was so impressed by the attention and care my Mom got there. God forbid I ever have to go there again, but it is a beautiful building, with beautiful views, and the kindest, most caring staff I've ever seen. They take every measure to make sure their patients are treated as guests in a 4-star hotel, and they'll never know how much that means.
She's home and resting now; well on her way to a full and speedy recovery, and I will thank God every day for having her here (even if I only half-believe He's listening)
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...