The Messenger by Daniel Silva
After Gabriel Allon had his identity revealed to the world can he still operate in the secret, undercover world of Israeli intelligence?
The answer, of course, is yes, but it is still a pretty thrilling ride.
The Ruins by Scott Smith
“Vine on a Hill” would have been a more appropriate name for this waste-of-time-give-me-my-life-back-piece-of-trash book. Please, please...if you have any regard for me at all….DON’T READ THIS BOOK!
Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst
As you may recall her “Dogs of Babel” is one of my favorite books, ever! This novel which follows fictitious reality-show contestants during a RaceAroundTheWorld where they have to find objects and pack them around until the finish line is one of my favorites for the year, but not for all time.
Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark
Um…I’ve become disillusioned with Ms. Clark; it seems she hasn’t had a really original thought for quite some time, and the story line and dialogues become more unbelievable, awkward and downright corny, but I continue to read each new release. Luckily for me, I didn’t actually purchase this one.
Judge and Jury by James Patterson
I don’t usually care for Mr. Patterson’s “not-Cross” books, especially those co-authored by Andrew Gross, but I have to admit I really liked this one. Not exactly prize-winning, but definitely fun and entertaining…except, of course, the part where the jury bus gets blown to Kingdom Come and her little boy dies…but, you know, it just comes with the territory.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
Well, 2020 sure started off with a bang, and the first 2.5 months were a continuation of my year of travel. I started out the year in Reno,...