I woke about 5:30 a.m. and immediately it was clear...I was sick. I reached for the phone, called work, and left a message telling my boss I wouldn't make it in that day. Then I fell back into a fevered sleep.
I woke again at 6:50 a.m. when the alarm I failed to turn off earlier jerked me into consciousness. As I slapped it silent I heard something that didn't make sense. A plane had crashed into the World Trade Center; I fell back into fevered and delirious dreams thinking a small plane had accidentally crashed.
I woke again about 10:15 a.m. and turned on the radio, the local DJ was saying a tower had collapsed. I could barely remember hearing that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center and now he was babbling about a tower collapsing. "What tower?" I thought to myself. I turned the radio off and picked my way to the kitchen for a drink of water, turning on the TV as I walked passed. When I returned to bed I was jarred by the image of the 2nd tower collapsing, people running for safety, a blonde reporter with glasses (I can't remember her name) trying to report the facts and reach safety.
I, like so many others, spent the day glued to the news; watching the horrific events play out on television; watching the terrible video over and over of the towers on fire, a plane crashing into it, and wondering if other planes would be crashing into other buildings.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Monday, September 11, 2006
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
Well, 2020 sure started off with a bang, and the first 2.5 months were a continuation of my year of travel. I started out the year in Reno,...