Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Very Belated 5 Things from the Olympics

1- This was hands down the best Opening Ceremonies I've seen. Terrifically intricate and flawlessly executed. My only beef was that the show was meant to be seen large, from the top of the stadium, and I hate when they have the camera on the floor showing, like, 2 guys. Come on! I want to see it as it was meant to be seen.

Also, it is the Parade of Nations not the March of Countries....Dad!

2-The venues were also spectacular. The Birds Nest...breath-taking. The Aquatic Center....spectacular. They were innovative and unique and built for the once in a lifetime feeling that the Olympics embody.

3-LIVE!!! I adored how they scheduled events so that they could be broadcast live in the U.S. It takes so much THRILL out of the watching when you know the results already.

4-Michael Phelps

5-MICHAEL PHELPS!! He is worth mentioning twice. His performance was spectacular, breath-taking, and injected real excitement into the games. His accomplishment is unlikely to ever be repeated, and I got to watch every race...LIVE!

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...