Saturday, July 03, 2010

June 2010 – Part Three

The mover’s had called several times wanting to move my pick up date to Saturday, and finally they talked me into letting them come early. Then they were ½ day late (they promised to arrive by 8:00, but didn’t get there until 12.15) causing me to miss my cousin’s wedding shower. (Little did I know that this was just the beginning of my trouble with the horrible New Planet Movers.) We did manage to see her before she left, and I got to visit with my sisters and J&F. By about 6:00 p.m. I was ready to be done so with my apartment all packed up I went back to my folk’s house for a couple of days. My bed had been moved down there so I’d have a comfortable place to sleep.

Sunday was the most boring day ever. I went up to the apartment pretty early to meet the purchaser of my w/d. Then my sister, Cort, came over and we hung out, talked, got some lunch, while waiting for one of the other sisters, Jodi, to show up. I HATE to clean, especially the bathroom and kitchen, and Jodi loves to earn a little extra money so I’ve hired her to help clean every time I moved last year…which means 3 times. In a year. It is insane to see that in writing.

Sunday night, most of my siblings came over to my folk’s house to say hey and check in. I had a couple of nubbins who were going to scout camp/girls camp during my trip and wanted to be able to see me at least the once. I was super happy that they did. It wouldn’t have been right without them!

Monday, I had lunch with my former boss and her new admin. Had a fabulous time with them both. Sent Susan to the airport for a business trip and went over to the old office to check in with all my friends there. It was great to be able to see everyone and say hi. Especially since I don’t know when/if I’ll see them again. Thank goodness for Facebook, right?

Then I went back downtown for drinks with a friend, and again it was so relaxing and so much fun. I forgot what a big difference friends can make!

Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment. I know, what a great vacation, but I didn’t want to have to find a dentist first thing in PA so I figured since my dental insurance didn’t change I’d just get the cleaning out of the way. Then I did my final walk through on the apartment and turned in the keys, and headed to T2’s to babysit their nubbins while they got a temple trip in.

Those kids are so freaking adorable, but man, I’m tired just thinking about them. The best part is that the instant I stepped through the door, Emma started chatting and chatting about everything and anything. It was so cute! The other best part is that Leo has also become quite chatty-even going so far as to learn to say my name. It just turned my heart into a big pile of goo. Which is fortunate because otherwise, I may have left him at the park? I took the kids to watch Jarom’s T-ball game and all Leo would do is run up the stairs, to the slide, down the slide, around to the stairs, and repeat. LaNae would text me when Jarom was up to bat so I could watch, but it was pretty much making sure Leo was still around. I was surprised that Jarom wanted to actually play a team sport and even more surprised that he’s pretty good. Even with a borrowed glove.

After the game, we all went back to T2s for homemade JumPizza. It was the most delicious pizza I’ve had for a long time…even if some of the crust was a little extra “rustic”.

Wednesday I had lunch with the old CPG crew and then headed up to Idaho for my vacation within a vacation to cross 2 things off the List. Check out 1000 Places for those details.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...