Saturday, July 03, 2010

June 2010 – Part Two

The trip back home started off in almost the worst way possible. I was running late and so we didn’t leave for the airport on time (Thanks, KiLee, for the ride! I will repay you in September!) and then, of course, traffic was…well Philly traffic. Terrible. It took forever to get there and I was getting more and more nervous. When we finally made it to the airport it wasn’t quite an hour before my flight, but security at the Delta terminal is normally not bad, so I was feeling a little nervous, but still pretty confident. By 5:15 I was still standing in line at security, not even to the metal detectors and staring down the possibility that I would most likely be missing my 5:30 flight. Luckily, the excellent TSA agent sent me to the “best” detector operator on duty and I sprinted through the entire E terminal, frantically double checking every monitor to make sure my flight still said “Boarding” as I sprinted past.

When I finally arrived at the gate there was no one around except one guy standing by the door. Whew! Barely made it. I was so tired and thirsty and relieved that I thought I’d pass out and as soon as I made it on the plane I wheezed out, ”Could I get some water?” The flight attendant took one look and gave me a whole bottle of water. The flight was totally full and mine was literally the only empty seat left. I had barely fastened my seat belt and stowed my carryon under the seat when they taxied away from the gate. To top it off, I was incredibly sick during the entire flight….feverish and nauseous and just totally miserable. It was also the most turbulent descent I’ve ever had coming in to Salt Lake City. Add more drama with the rental car…Thrifty sucks, and Alamo saved me…and I was more than ready for dinner at the Chihuahua.

I don’t know what made me so sick on the plane, but Chihuahua sure made everything all better. I also got to check in with Ana and Jim…catch up on all the gossip. Finally, I got back to my apartment where I found welcome home balloons and a card that made me cry before I collapsed into bed.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...