Monday, March 19, 2012

2011 Year in Review – Part Two


April
A lot went on in April, actually.  I crossed off another item from MY LIST, The Barnes Foundation.  They have some amazing paintings, and a fabulous all around, though confusing, collection.  They are also moving from their current locations on Latches Lane to Center City.  Given that The List specifies the current location, and that the Foundation was going to shut down the current Foundation in May to prepare for the move I figure if I was gonna go see it then the time was now.
101_0745_2
It was a rainy spring day, but that actually worked out well because by the time I got to the garden the rain had stopped, but everything was still dewy and gorgeous.
101_0838

101_0898
April was also a source of a lot of change and turmoil at work.  The retail conversion was completed in Pennsylvania, and my line of business was completely overhauled and reorganized.  This also meant that I was told at the end of the month that my position was being eliminated.  Oddly enough, I wasn’t too upset by this news.  Although I had moved across the country for this job, it certainly wasn’t a dream job, I was getting a generous severance package, and I had a lot of opportunities that were perfect for the next year or so of my life. 

May
In May I ended up in the emergency room with what was diagnosed as a kidney infection.  This seemingly small event would have big complications for the end of 2011/beginning of 2012.

June
In June the Calls and Cortney came to visit.  We went everywhere and had a super fantastic time that is waaaay to super fantastic to recount here.  Suffice it to say that we hit like 9 states and crossed a ton of stuff off The List.  Oh, also, I live here…
101_1386
You can’t miss it, it’s the last one on the left, with the gate…
101_1440

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...