Saturday, July 27, 2013

Porkfest 2013

It's been a few years since I was in Utah for the annual July 4th celebration known as Porkfest.  My brothers started calling our Independence Day breakfast that because on that day the consumption of bacon and sausage were virtually unlimited.  The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays and this year I got to celebrate it with almost all of my family and some of my favorite extended family.

Every year my mother's family goes camping.  Now, I do not camp, but I love spending time with the family and there is a legendary BINGO game played nightly during the excursion.   So, I booked it out to Utah to participate.

100_6854
Janice and Ferrin bring awesome BINGO boards!

100_6878
Ferrin is our BINGO caller.  This was the first time I'd seen him costume up for the gig.

100_6859
There are many variations of BINGO with several winners.

100_6864
Buddy BINGO is always a favorite.  You pick a buddy and they win candy if you win BINGO.  Some pairs have been buddies for over twenty years!

100_6865

100_6870
BINGO is INTENSE.  You better bring your "A" game if you're going to compete with this group!

100_6872
Although, there is plenty of hilarity 'round the BINGO tables.

100_6874

I'm so happy I got to enjoy Porkfest and BINGO with this group of spectacular people!  Viva la Independencia y Porkfest!

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...