Jaiden and Kolten really wanted to see touristic Hollywood stuff, so we decided (and I'd never been either) to go see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the theater formally known as Graumans. Kolten really wanted to see the Hollywood sign.
Once we got to Hollywood and parked (again - lowest level for the win). We went up to street level and lo and behold we were right at Morgan Freeman's star.
Kolten didn't want to take a picture, but he's the one that always talks about Morgan Freeman. So to maintain his cool factor he pretended to just be tying his shoe.
There are approximately a bizillion hawkers trying to sell tickets on a "See the Homes of the Stars" tour. The first guy that asked if we were interested I politely declined, "No, thank you." Not good enough for him, I guess so he asked why. When I said I didn't find the idea particularly interesting he said, "Well you're the one taking pictures of cement!" Well played, Tour Salesguy. Not only do you have a absolutely fabulous career hawking, cut-rate tours in front of a mall, you have now totally convinced me to buy a ticket. Excellent salesmanship!
I really just love that someone named Spanky McFarland has a star.
For KiLee and Nate
Nobody puts Jaiden in a corner ... (of a star)!
I always pretended Kelly when we played Charlie's Angels as kids.
The Disney for Mandi
The theater formally known as Graumans
Hollywood Sign - turns out it wasn't as cool as Kolten thought it would be.
And all my photos here turned out kind of awful.
Jodi's plan had been to leave Long Beach around 5 pm so they could get to Vegas in time to walk the strip a little, see the Bellagio fountains, etc. But, of course, in true Taylor fashion we ended up chatting until more like 7:30. So they got on the road a little later than anticipated. Their visit was really fun, but way too short. I'm hoping they can make it back out here at least once more before I move again!




























