
On June 28, 1838 the third stake of Zion was organized here. Today, it is a place of beauty, and quiet contemplation. And also some people still live there, not in the valley, but inside the site - which kind of blew my mind.

When I initially arrived I was greeted by this sign, which heavily influenced the order in which I saw the site.

Do you see it?

Yes, I 100% choose the outlook with restrooms. I had (as you'll recall) been driving all over the hinterlands of Independence for hours by this time.




D&C Section 116:1
"Spring Hill is named by the Lord Adam-ondi-Ahman, because said he, it is the place where Adam shall come to visit his people, or the Ancient of Days shall sit, as spoken of by Daniel the prophet."

I don't think I can convey exactly how verdant this valley was, I've so rarely seen that vibrant a green before.

