I finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini a couple of days ago. If you recall, I wasn't sure I wanted to read it, but I was completely sucked in. It was an extremely emotional, melancholy story permeated with sadness and hope. I loved how it brought the traditions of Afghanistan to life and reminded everyone (or maybe showed for the 1st time) how lovely the country was before the Soviet invasion, the civil war and the Taliban destroyed it. The ending was not happy, nor sad just hopeful...much like real moments throughout my life. 371 pages
I'm currently reading The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman, a story of a woman who is struck by lighting and begins a torrid affair with another survivor. So far, so good.
For some reason all the books I had on hold at the library have come in at once so I've also got 4th of July by James Patterson and the Pulitzer Prize winning Gilead by Marilyn Robinson waiting to be read.
21/50 7020/15000
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Friday, June 10, 2005
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...