Wednesday, June 29, 2005

50 Books Update

I've finished:

No Place Like Home by Mary Higgins Clark. It was...a Mary Higgins Clark book. The lead character is a woman in trouble (an interior designer this time, who is strong, intelligent and tries to handle everything by herself. Of course this leads to her (and her young son) nearly being murdered because she didn't go the the obvious "good guy" for help. If you like Mary Higgins Clark, you'll like this book, but it is pretty formulaic. 384 pages

Broken Prey by John Sandford. I read this in one sitting, so obviously it held my attention. It was much like the previous Lucas Davenport books, fun, interesting, mysterious, but not the great novel I'd like to run across this year. 400 pages

I was reading Gilead, but ran short of both interest and time. It was overdue at the library, so back it went. I'll give it another try soon.

Currently reading:
The Kills by Linda Fairstein

25/50 8428/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...