Tuesday, July 05, 2005

50 Books Summary

I finished The Kills by Linda Fairstein over the weekend. Probably the best way to describe it would be: confusing. There were far too many primary and secondary characters, a chaotic timeline and plot and the ending was complete let-down after having endured the novel. Not something I’d recommend. 400 pages

Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Ark by Anne Provoost

I’ve also added more books to my list bringing the grand total to 61 books, obviously some of these I won’t get to this year...

Finished:
1-102 Minutes
2-4th of July
3-Alone
4-Between a Rock and a Hard Place
5-Blood Memory
6-Broken Prey
7-The Broker
8-Conspiracy Club
9-Eats, Shoots and Leaves
10-Enders Shadow
11-The Final Solution
12-Getting Away with Murder
13-The House on Mango Street
14-Hubener vs Hitler
15-I Am Charlotte Simmons
16-The Ice Queen
17-Irish Cream
18-The Kills
19-The Kite Runner
20-Mississippi Trial, 1955
21-The Murder Book
22-No Place Like Home
23-Prince of Fire
24-Therapy
25-Touching the Void
26-Vanishing Acts

Currently Reading:
27-In the Shadow of the Ark

On the List:
28-1000 Best laces to See Before You Die
29-10th Grade
30-A Thread of Grace
31-Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
32-Blowing My Cover: My Life as a CIA Agent
33-Brooklyn Dreams
34-Cry Me a River
35-The Dancer Upstairs
36-Day of the Jackal
37-The Egyptologist
38-Factoring Humanity
39-Finishing School
40-Gilead
41-Gulag: A History
42-Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
43-The Historian
44-If Grace is True
45-Ireland: A Novel
46-Ishmael
47-Johnny Got His Gun
48-The Known World
49-Lullaby
50-Moonshadow
51-My Jim
52-My Life in Orange
53-The Pacific and Other Stories
54-Practical Demon Keeping
55-The Princes of Ireland
56-Rage
57-The Rescue Artist
58-Smashed
59-The Ninth Life of Louis Drax
60-Wigfield: The Can Do Town that Just May Not
61-Wolves Eat Dogs

26/50 8828/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...