Tuesday, August 02, 2005

5 Things

1- Delta has revamped their entire website and now I can’t find ANYTHING! They really should have consulted with me about this.

2- My roommate called off the wedding that was scheduled for Thursday. I don’t really know much about the specifics, but I’m glad they figured it out 5 days before rather than 5 days after.

3-I got a letter form a former employer who we shall refer to as “Satan’s Summer Home”. They apparently had taken Social Security taxes out of the paychecks, shall-we-say, illegally. That, of course, is not the language they used, but still. Anyway, since they didn’t figure it out until now, I am only eligible for the refund of 9 months of 2002. This means I lost thousands of dollars for the previous years I worked for them. They also want me to wait 6 months to a year before they’ll refund the money. I talked to the HR person and she says I can file a refund myself, if I’d like. I’m going to ask them to also reimburse me the cost of hiring someone to prepare that return. Does anybody have any experience with this? Can anyone tell me how far I can push this and what I can demand? Obviously, I didn’t leave on good terms and would really like to get my money as fast as possible while making them as miserable as possible.

4- I replaced all four tires in May, and sadly, drove over a nail on Sunday and it went straight through the sidewall. It cost another $55 to replace the nail-punctured tire. Grrr! I hate stuff like that. Good thing my roommate isn’t moving out and I’ll still have the extra money. *yay*

5-I am half-heartedly looking for a new job and check the Federal Government site every now and then. On the homepage they display a picture of a happy federal employee and, I admit, I have a crush on one of them. I think they should list his stats so I can find a job with that department.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...