I finally (and on my 3rd try) finished Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. I have to say that despite having to check it out from the library 3 times to finish it, I quite enjoyed it. An almost 80 preacher is dying and decides to write a letter to his 7 year old son detailing what kind of man his father was. My biggest problem was there were no chapters, no easy stopping points...and all the religion and theology (which I found absolutely fascinating, but still) made me very sleepy. So, it took a long time to get through it. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed it and agreed with a lot of the theological observations. Also it won the Pulitzer Prize, so you don't have to take my recommendation. 256 pages
I just now finished The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. You'll remember I whole-heartedly recommend its sequel A Hat Full of Sky recently. I love the Nac Mac Feegle (They're small. They're blue. And nobody messes with them.) and think there should be many novels written about them and their exploits with the big wee hag, Tiffany Aching. 375 pages.
Next up, The Secret Life of Bees
34/50 12271/15000
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Monday, August 29, 2005
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...