Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Hail to the Chief 'cause He's the Chief and He Needs Hailing

On our last day in DC we drove out to Mount Vernon which is George Washington's estate just outside of DC.  Did I mention the record breaking heat?  I did?  Well, it continued into Wednesday, and we all were about dead by then.

The Calls, Cort and I went through the house together, but T3 only ended sending Nate through.  His ticket was for a few minutes after us and not even Nikita could be convinced to go.  Ryker is famous for being a normal little boy who does his utmost to create havoc during any and all tours he is forced to join, so KiLee had just planned to sit in the shade with him, but Kita, was also done and chose to stay behind.  Once we met up on the other side of the house tour - we walked down to GW's tomb.

101_1027

101_1028
The docent down there was also from Utah, and she assured us that even though she had lived on the east coast for the last 20 years she still wasn't completely used to the heat/humidity combo.  So...that's something to look forward to.

Walking back up the hill was so tiring that we took a break here:
101_1031

101_1033
Seriously, look at how red Miss Macklyn's face is.  It was HOT!

101_1036

101_1039

Once we made it back to visitor's center (and their A/C) the kids perked up enough to be really cute together.
101_1042

101_1046

101_1048

101_1050

After we cooled down sufficiently we all headed back into town to visit the Museum of Natural History.  After looking around there, T3 headed back to Philly, Cort and I headed back to the hotel, and the Calls stayed and walked the all around the White House.  I am still waiting for pictures, Madam President!

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...