Sunday, July 03, 2011

PMoA

The first Sunday everyone was in town the Calls went to church with T3 while Cort and I slept in and packed for our upcoming week of adventures.  After church was over, we all met at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.  The first Sunday of each month is pay what you wish at the museum, so the timing was perfect.

I decided that I wanted to take Cort down Kelly Drive.  It's really a pretty area, right on the river with the boat houses and such, but we soon discovered that the Drive was closed that day for a bike ride.  This did not stop us from driving around lost in the Great Northeast and through some neighborhoods I felt less that comfortable in.  Cort had mentioned that she wanted to so the PSPCA while she was in town, and I flat out told her no because it's located in this very part of town.  So, I was really anxious to get out of there and back on track.  We made it to the museum incident free, but it was a stressful drive for me.

Once there it took a little while to find the Calls and Nate/Kita.  KiLee had decided to stay home and prep for vacation, as well, as have a normal day for Ryker to rest.  We met everyone out by the Rocky statue.
101_0965

The part ran, part walked, part ambled up those famous stairs.
101_0963

101_0961
This is just the top-most section of those stairs.  :)

We finally got in and wandered upstairs to view the exhibits.  It was so boring I nearly threw myself over the atrium.  I can appreciate the inherent beauty and importance in Old Masters and Renaissance, pre-Renaissance work, but really, it just doesn't do anything for me, and the family was taking forever to look at everything.  It wasn't until I broke away and went back downstairs that things started to look up.

There I found the good stuff.  Impressionists, Pointillists, Dadaists, Expressionists, Contemporary and all things Modern Art.  I hung out there until they announced the museum was closing and then found the rest of the group.

The Calls and T3 were going back to T3's for a birthday dinner for LaNae, but Cort and I had reservations for a little luxury at the Philadelphia Ritz Carlton.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...