Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A little bit about a lot of stuff

1-My car is fixed (hopefully for the last time). It was a pretty simple (and luckily inexpensive) problem that required a new battery. The problem involved my battery being 6 1/2 years old.

2-My darling 4-week old nephew, Erki, was in the hospital over the weekend for possibly RSV. For some reason they were sent home with a laundry list of symptoms to watch for and the advice that it will likely get worse before it gets better.

3-My parents celebrated my least-favorite-sister-in-law, M's, birthday this weekend. My Mom likes to make the birthday boy/girl their favorite meal and invite the entire family over for cake and ice cream. Prior to the wedding a couple of weeks ago M had not participated in any family activity since the 4th of July. Needless to say, the crowd was awfully small at my folks house. It turned out to be myself, my folks, a younger brother that still lives at home and 1 married sibling and spouse. Considering the overwhelming size of the family it was definitely small. I actually felt a tiny bit bad for her...at the same time I can't help but think if you support the family, the family will support you.

4-Another sister, JL, broke up with her fiancee a few months ago when he kicked her and her 2 small children out of his house. He has now "repented of his sins" and wants her back. Small problem, she is seeing someone else (Someone who is much better suited to her, by the way.) and doesn't want him back. Despite having been told that many, many, many times he continues to send her flowers, gifts etc. Now he's requested a meeting with my father. Go away El, but you can leave me some of your delicious homemade cheesecake on the way out!

5-I spent 6 1/2 hours in a management meeting yesterday. Did we get anything accomplished? Not really, but round 2 is scheduled for November 16th.

6-New books added to my list: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini; Stolen Lives by Malika Oufkir

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...