K&N got married on Friday. It was a lovely reception and fun was had by all. Here’s a little something to add to the “100 things about me” list. I hate photos. Absolutely, positively cannot stand them. I don’t understand photographers...I just don’t understand.
First, it was an LDS Temple wedding, which means if you don’t have a temple recommend you can’t attend the actual ceremony. Many non-LDS get very upset at the idea of this, but in LDS circles that’s just the way it is. Nobody really thinks twice about it. Anyway, the ceremony was at 10:00am. Since I don’t currently have a recommend, I was asked to hold Erki while his parents attended the ceremony. If you ask me, I totally got the better deal. Around 10:30, the bride and groom came out and this is where the families gather ‘round to take pictures. Let me say, it is impossible to take a picture of 70+ people where everyone looks good. Not gonna happen, sister, so spending 10 minutes on setting up the shot isn’t gonna do you any good. Fortunately, pictures requiring my presence were kept to a minimum. I think that was a strategic plan to keep me from dropping the F-bomb at the temple.
After the temple, I went out to brunch with a couple of siblings. Once finished we hooked up with other siblings and went to buy a lovely gift for the newlyweds. We ended up getting a “dirty dartboard” and glow-in-the-dark massage lotion. Heading back to change clothes and get ready for the “formal” wedding pictures we encountered some serious traffic problems. It turns out there were several accidents on an already congested portion of I-15. It took us close to 45 minutes to travel a generally 10-minute distance.
The Reception: everything was lovely, except the pictures. I bonded with K’s sister, L, over our mutual hatred of having our pictures taken and handed out sticks of cinnamon gum to all the wedding party. K’s mom had hired a wedding planner to help with everything and she set up a “family” area where the two families could sit and talk. Mostly, I wandered around talking with the people I knew and stealing mints from the caterer for my nieces and nephews. During the wandering, I was talking to some old family friends when the wedding planner came up and said, “I’m sorry, but you people will have to find somewhere else to visit.” What?! WHAT?! I’m sorry, what did you just say to me?! Needless to say, the wedding planner got a piece of my mind. I basically told her that she was hired by K&N and I was POSITIVE that they would absolutely not appreciate her being rude to their guests. So step off and shut it, lady!
Cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet (which I caught, sort of), and tossing wedding petals as they proceeded to the car. It really was quite a lovely night.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...