I've had a cold all week long and that was not the time to read Between A Rock and A Hard Place by Aron Ralston. This is Aron's account of the time he spent trapped by a boulder in the Blue John area of Southern Utah and his successful amputation of his arm to free himself.
There were a lot of tears while reading this. Most came from the video taped messages to his family, his favorite memories and his prayers, specifically when, certain he would die, he prayed for "the steadfastnests not to do anything against my being..." He was worried that in a moment of confusion or irrationality he would take his life. To me, wow!, would I have the that kind of strength?
353 pages
7/50 2420/15000
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Saturday, February 19, 2005
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
Well, 2020 sure started off with a bang, and the first 2.5 months were a continuation of my year of travel. I started out the year in Reno,...