Ash Wednesday is right around the corner falling on February 9th this year. Every year I observe the tradition of giving something up, sacrificing, something for Lent. Regardless of religion, I see Lent as a wonderful time of year to break a bad habit. It is far easier for me to keep my goals when pre-determined dates and times (outside of my control) are imposed. It is not a New Year's Resolution and so doesn't get caught up in the holiday time of year or shoved aside, quickly disregarded when real life catches up with me.
I've been struggling this year to think of what my sacrifice would be this year. Generally, I've given up caffeine or soda or something of the like, but I have cut way back on both my soda and caffeine intake and it seemed kind of pointless to set that as my goal. Finally, I've come up with something and it seems appropriate as it is definitely a bad habit and may affect my employment. So, being purposefully vague I'll actually begin a couple of days early. Wish me luck...I'll need all the help I can get. :)
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Saturday, February 05, 2005
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...