Wednesday, February 16, 2005

50 Books

I’ve just finished (finally) Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss. It’s a lovely little book about punctuation. Most of the basic rules I already knew, and the more complicated ones...well, I doubt I’ll use. The absolute funniest part of the book:

I’m sure people did question whether Italian printers were quite the right people to legislate on the meaning of everything; but on the other hand, resistance was obviously useless against a family that could invent italics.


Honestly, I laughed and laughed. It reminded me somewhat of the Star Trek Borg, “Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated.” 204 pages

I’ve been reading Aron Ralston’s Between a Rock and a Hard Place. Currently, still Day One, he’s trapped and quickly sorting through and eliminating ways to get out of it, with all his limbs intact.

6/50 2067/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...