Over the weekend I was driving through a new subdivision near my home and saw a family moving into their newly completed home. The curious thing about it --they had loaded up horse trailers as the means to move all their belongs into the brand new house. Is this gross? Is it just me?
When I built my brand new house (3 years ago yesterday) I had a difficult time even bringing all the crap from my old house. I wanted everything (yes, everything) to be new and shiny and nice. New furniture, new dishes, new everything...since this was (obviously) impractical, I begrudgingly rented a moving truck and brought most of the old stuff into my bright and shiny new house. In fact, I didn’t want anybody mucking up my lovely new carpet so I bought big rolls of plastic sheeting and covered the new carpet. It never would have crossed my mind to stick my stuff in a horse trailer. A horse trailer, where, presumably, horses have ridden, and eaten and well, shit all over everything.
On a happier, less gross note, I got my blinds hung over the weekend. I really can’t believe the difference it made in the lighting. And while, yes, I’m happy to finally have the blinds up, I have a gigantic problem with them being open after dark. One of my roommates seems to have some sort of vitamin D deficiency where she MUST have the blinds open (whether she is there or not). I have explained my discomfort of coming home after dark to find the blinds still open and passersby being able to look in. “If you cannot be here to close them when it gets dark, I explain, then kindly close them before you leave.” I think it is a simple enough request, but perhaps a bit above her head. (She doesn’t seem to get a lot of things that don’t involve giggling and making cookies....don’t get me wrong, she is a very nice girl and I like her; I just don’t have anything in common with her.)
So, we’ll see how that goes. I have decided that she will get one *pass* and then I will simply close the blinds and remove the wand so they cannot be opened again. Too harsh? Possibly, but I cannot describe how much I hate knowing that people can see into my house. Hate it. Hate it. Hate. It. I believe that single girls, living alone, with no real means of protection should be extra careful about their safety and security. One way to do that it to close the damn blinds! (Also to keep the doors locked, which also seems to be a tad above her capabilities...) I should mention that my lovely neighbor, Meth-Addict Steve, has been seen lurking around my backyard on more than one occasion, and while he (specifically) is now is jail, there are many more of him (generally) around and I’d rather not have “him” looking in my house deciding what will fetch the most money on the black market so “he” can score the next fix.
And lastly, Rat Bastard (how long has it been since my email to him (nearly a month) sent me this yesterday, “Hey, Been meaning to call, but have been out of control busy lately. I am alive and would love to get together to hand off the wall item. Can I call you tomorrow afternoon? I am more available then and could call you at work?”
Yeah, haven’t heard from him today...this may be why we are not together any more.
I finished Mississippi Trial, 1955 by Christopher Crowe. An excellent historical fiction novel about the murder and trial of 14-year old Emmett Till. 231 Pages.
8/50 2651/15000
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
Well, 2020 sure started off with a bang, and the first 2.5 months were a continuation of my year of travel. I started out the year in Reno,...