Sunday, November 13, 2005

5 Things

1-I have grass...an actual lawn, covering my backyard! It is lovely and green and soft, and it means that as soon as the roofer comes this house is officially up for sale.

2-I was invited to a black tie fundraising event for a local charity. It was very fancy with lots of very important people in Utah religion and politics. Regardless of how much I don't live the Mormon religion, it was still cool to have dinner with the First Presidency. (Although, the food, not so good.)

3-I have been off work for several days (tomorrow is my last day of freedom). It has been wonderfully relaxing to be able to lounge around watching movies and playing zoo tycoon. Tomorrow's finale includes 2 movies...I haven't decided for sure what they'll be, although I'm pretty sure one will be Derailed.

4-My parents had a b-day dinner for one of my "good" sisters-in-law tonight. I walked in, saw the EVIL sister-in-law's coat and purse and turned around and walked right out. I hadn't seen her since I found out she told her daughter not to hug me anymore and was afraid I might lose my temper. (That would have been very, very bad, but very, very satisfying.) I went back after dinner for cake and ice cream when I knew there would be other family members there to serve as a buffer, but she better keep her mouth shut good and tight whenever I am around, or she will definitely be called on her shit.

5-What with the viewing, funeral and other family stuff the end of October, beginning of November, I am way behind on my reading. I just finished The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. Unbelievably I have never read the Chronicles of Narnia and decided I need to get that done. How does a person get to be 32 years old without reading them? I don't know, but it's an oversight that is easily corrected. 186 pages

Currently Reading:
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Next Up:
The Historian
Predator
The Egyptologist
Wicked


42/50 14984/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...