Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mexico--Day 4

El Grutas--The caves. It might actually be Las Grutas, but I don't remember. The caves are just outside the city and once inside it is HOT and HUMID. 1 2/2 kilometers of steep steps, up and down, and (did I mention) HOT and HUMID?! They do have spectacular formations, The Hawk, Pancho Villa, etc. (which, again, I did not take any pictures of). The "kitchen" is considered the most spectacular "room" sporting the Leaning Tower of Pisa (it does look just like it...leaning and everything).

Lunch is big deal in Mexico, the main meal of the day, but since we were going on a road trip the next day we settled for leftovers for lunch. I had a yummy grilled chicken salad (with fresh tortillas, of course). After lunch, we went back downtown so I could finish up my shopping for the nubbins, and to see if they had started erecting the altars for Day of the Dead in the cathedral square.

Since we were going out of town, we took Carmen and Lola to the cemetery to decorate their Mother's grave. Later, we dropped them off and headed back downtown to watch the dancing fountains (no pictures!), see the angel monument and drove back past the Cathedral...still no altars.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...