Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Frog-mania

First, a big thanks to John Z. Orange who provided me with the original link and the person I'm totally stealing from.

The American Museum of Natural History has a frog exhibit that completely fascinates me. As we all should have learned during the whole corpse flower incident that I am amazed by bizarre things in nature and if they have a webcam of the action....well, all the better.

So I read all about different frog species, poison dart frogs (my favorite), frogs and the ecosystem, and all sorts of interesting facts about frogs and toads.

My personal favorite facts are
1-some frogs actually protect their vital organs and then let the water in their bodies freeze in the winter, and
2-some frogs stop their digestive process and carry their young in their stomachs. When the froglets are born they jump out of the mother's mouth. There is a great photo of that here.

I know, I know....I'm a dork, but at least I'm a dork who is learning something new. :)

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...