Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Interview

Well, at least I didn't embarrass myself, which was my main goal. I was the 4th person to be interviewed and having seen the first three, I thought my chances were okay. I had been told to prepare a 3 minute presentation and be prepared for a 7 minute Q&A. Well, the first 3 candidates kind of stood up and stuttered through their marital and family status. My thought, who cares?!

Anyway, when it was my turn I stood up and said point blank, "I was asked to prepare a presentation; so prepare a presentation I did." I went through the 3 questions I thought they needed answered:
1-Why do I want to this position?
2-What qualifies me for the position?
3-What are my priorities and concerns?

Well, I finished my spiel in a little over 3 minutes and they basically shook their heads and said, "Well, you really covered all our questions in the presentation." So, we just chatted for a minute and I was done.

I didn't stick around for the rest of the interviews and I don't know exactly when they'll make the decision, but at least I didn't embarrass myself. *sigh of relief*

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...