Thursday, December 09, 2004

More Arts and Crafts

Some of these I've linked to before, but what can I say, they are my favorites!

First off for a daily dose of art, The Metropolitan Museum of Art offers a link to this feature. Click on the link for the Daily Artwork Archive. A fantastic idea!

Some architecture or architectural elements...
Architectural Scene and Frame from the workshop of Blausius Fisulator

This Paneling is really quite a breathtaking site.

Floor—can you imagine this in your kitchen?

Studio from the Ducal Palace in Gubbio designed by Francesco di Giorgio Martini
I can't describe how much I adore it.

Interior of the Old Church in Delft by Emanuel de Witte

Furniture and Furnishings...
Lit a la Turque attributed to Jean-Baptiste Tilliard

Lit a la Polonaise

Mantel Clock Movement by Julien Le Roy Enameled by Antoine-Nicolas Martiniere

Pendule a Repetition Movement by Jean-Jacques Fieffe

Mantel Clock Case attributed to Pierre-Phillippe Thomire Movement by Charles-Guillaume Maniere

Paintings...
Autumn Rhythm by Jackson Pollock
I love Jackson Pollock, but can't really explain why.

Young Woman with a Water Pitcher by Johannes Vermeer
Love Vermeer...mostly because he captures the tranquility of everyday moments.

Garden at Sainte-Adresse by Claude Monet
Monet needs no explanation.

The Creation and the Expulsion of Adam and Eve from Paradise by Giovanni di Paolo

Statues, Sculptures etc...
Coffee Can Wreath, New Orleans by William K Greiner

Chimera from the Eastern Han dynasty

Chariots and mounted guards from the Eastern Han dynasty---toy soldiers?

Rhyton in the shape of a human head

Terracotta figures
These remind me of the exquisite fabric sculpting of the Greeks

Sphinx of Senwosret III from the Egyptian Middle Kingdom
And if we have the time we can see the Sphinx...

Other Stuff...
Funerary Wreath
My absolute favorite item at the Getty; be thankful I don't include it every time.

Untitled #13 by Osamu Kanemura

Evening Gown from the House of Worth

Crazy Quilt

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...