Monday, December 06, 2004

I had a nasty title for this, but...

I have an inappropriate sense of humor that is occasionally in bad taste. I love double entendre, so use your imagination to think of my original title....

I talked to J yesterday, just to ask if she’d had any luck finding a new home for her, but mostly for the cat. She told me that “they’d” looked at a couple of places, but nothing yet. She also mentioned that she was thinking maybe the cat would have to move in with her brother until “they” found something else.

I told her that was a wonderful idea because the longer the cat is there the sicker I get. I also mentioned that I have caught the cat on the table several times and on my kitchen counter twice. (Having a cat on the place I prepare food...allergies or no, that is totally unacceptable to me!) The cat is routinely all over all the furniture and I mentioned that now I can’t sit on any of my furniture and since the cat dander has been blown all through the ventilation system even my bedroom is making me sick.

We also talked about how crazy her schedule has been and the fact that she is rarely home before 10:00 pm and out the door around 7:00 am. It seems to me that she isn’t home enough to a-spend time with the cat and b-train the cat to stay off the counters. So, maybe it would be better for all if the cat was moved.

When I got home last night the cat was gone. I don’t know if this will speed up their departure or maybe they’ll figure the cat is better off with someone who is home more than they are or whether or not J will hold a grudge about having to give up the cat. L seems like she doesn’t really care, except for sisterly loyalty. Regardless, at least the cat is gone. I left the furnace fan all day today to blow out they system and tonight I am going to vacuum all my floors and furniture. Hopefully by tomorrow I’ll finally be breathing easier.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...