I’ve decided to make some big changes in my life in the coming months. I’ve thought about them long and hard. I think they will be beneficial. For example, I’m putting my house up for sale in February/March.
I bought the house for many reasons, but the one I regret is that I let TRB talk me into it. Don’t get me wrong, I was buying a house regardless, but he persuaded me to buy in that neighborhood and was involved in the whole process. Now, the house is tainted with his memory...reminders of him and how unhappy I was with him.
He is not the only reason I’m selling. The house is a lot of work, upkeep can be expensive, I want to be closer to work, I plain ole don’t need a house that big, etc.
I was originally planning on staying there another couple of years and if circumstances dictate, I will default back to that plan, but in the meantime, it certainly doesn’t hurt to be looking ahead.
A second decision involves moving on without TRB. Evidenced by his nickname, he was a mistake...a very long, drawn-out, costly mistake. I finally feel a need to be completely free of him and the baggage between us. So, in the spirit of that decision I’ve decided to start (slowly) participating in a Single Adult (31-45) Group sponsored by the LDS Church. My first step is attending a Regional Conference this weekend. I figure 1 afternoon, 3 classes and a fireside will not exactly kill me. I am told that a lot of participants aren’t particularly religious, but like me, have a difficult time finding other single folks their age.
Third, I’ve renewed my job search. I am growing increasingly frustrated in my current position, and again, it won’t hurt anything to look around and see what is out there.
Potentially all major changes, but I think they’ll be good for me.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
Well, 2020 sure started off with a bang, and the first 2.5 months were a continuation of my year of travel. I started out the year in Reno,...