I cannot count the tears I've shed while watching the news this week. Seeing all those who are stranded, sick, the total devastation of not only New Orleans, but Bixoli, Mississippi and other cities and towns along the gulf.
I saw one family who had written on what was left of their roof, "HELP, DIABETIC" My dad is diabetic and I cannot possibly imagine watching him slip into a diabetic coma because insulin has to be refrigerated. Waiting and praying that someone will airlift him out before I watch him die.
I cannot count the times I've shouted and questioned and argued about the slow response time. Why wasn't there a plan and if we had a plan why did it take so long to implement it?
Govenor Jon Huntsman, Jr. announced that refugees will be sent to Utah; we will welcome them with open arms and help them begin the process of healing and rebuilding.
If you'd like to help donate time, money, or supplies to the RED CROSS. If you live in Utah and would like to help the survivors coming to Camp Williams call 866-873-2437 or email katrinavolunteers@utah.gov.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...