So, the second phase of the ch-ch-change (CCC) went okay. I attended the Conference, though not as much of it as originally planned. It was, as predicted, overwhelmingly women...which really doesn’t do anything to further my plan, but may be a good resource in the future. There was some good information presented and possibly enough there to hold my interest in continued participation.
One of my roommates announced Saturday that she would be moving out at the first of the month. I told her she was welcome to move whenever she’d like, but her contract required a 30 day written notice, with rent and utilities to be paid through the termination date. She wanted me to waive the requirement (citing high gas prices and her commute), but unfortunately I had to be the big, bad landlord and require the 30 days notice. Those situations are where it is so hard to be both roommate and landlord. However, I also have bills to pay and gas to buy, so please take some responsibility for being a grown up and read the contract you signed! This announcement has moved up CCC Phase 1 (selling the house) to right now. I’m putting it on the market hopefully this month, and we’ll just wait and see if it sells.
CCC Phase 3 kicked into action today when I applied for a new job. Not sure if I’d really take it, but I consider it “practice”. This left me calling all my old job references to make sure I could still use them, and that they would still say nice things about me. One reference, KW, I hadn’t spoken to for a couple of years. Man, I forgot how much I missed him. I haven’t laughed so hard in quite some time. KW is also the only man I’ve ever met who actually looks good (damn good!) in tight Wrangler jeans.
Other news includes:
My nephew, little Erki Nool, had minor surgery to put tubes in his ears. He came out cranky, but otherwise okay. Baruch Hashem.
A (business) lunch meeting with a really cute guy who turned out to be engaged *sigh*,
I finally got around to cleaning out my closet and donating 2 big bags of (hardly or never before) worn clothes to Deseret Industries, and
An exhausting phone call with TRB where I told him I was too tired to do this and I just couldn’t work up enough emotion to even care anymore and that after 4 years I was done, just done.
Pretty exciting, eh?
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...