Monday, December 12, 2005

Busy, Busy

It has been an incredibly busy couple of weeks. We had our Utah office holiday party last Tuesday at a great little authentic Mexican restaurant. Unfortunately, Tuesday was also the first full-blown snowstorm of the year, so turnout was a little bit low. "More drink tickets for everyone else," I say...Especially since we all knew we were going to be sitting there for at least a couple of hours until the roads were salted and plowed.

Wednesday I flew to Boise (I know, I know, try not to be jealous) for the Idaho office holiday party. We went to a nice, neighborhood bar and then walked down the street to watch the Steelheads from a suite. (Actually, we had 2 suites to wander between.) Sadly, the Steelheads lost, but the fun part of the evening came while trying to get the 3 (literally falling down) drunks back to the hotel safely. Luckily, there were plenty of *mostly* sober drivers to go around.

Thursday, it was back to Salt Lake and a rush to finalize plans for yet another party (this one for vendors and clients), scheduled for next week.

Friday, I had plans to grab dinner with my brother and sister-in-law, but they had to cancel, last minute.

Saturday, I attended a baby shower for my SIL. She is due Christmas Eve and they are expecting a little girl. We have already christened her "Nanners" and when my 3-year-old niece says it I just melt. After the shower I headed out to Podunk-ville
USA to babysit the nubbins. Since it was nearly bedtime, it was a really easy job for me! My favorite little nephew was all excited to show me a surprise. He had looked up his name in one of those baby name books and wanted me to see its meaning. His excitement is so contagious...we spent some time looking up all the names in his family.

Sunday, resting, relaxing, dinner at my folks, and watching the Survivor finale with a big group. I hadn't been a very faithful viewer this season, but I was happy for Danni...although any of the final four could have won.

Last but not least, a finished Prince Caspian, second book in the Chronicles of Narnia. I cannot believe I never read these books before, but I an really enjoying (and probably appreciating them more) reading them now. 216 pages


45/50 16230/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...