Sunday, December 18, 2005

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Really, I enjoy any Christmas with clear roads...so I'm actually hoping for either no snow, or snow that only falls on grass. I did, however, just finish watching one of my favorite Christmas specials, White Christmas. It is one of the 3 shows that I MUST watch every Christmas season. I watched my guilty pleasure, A Very Brady Christmas on Saturday. Now I just have to pop in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street and I've completed my "must see *Christmas* TV"!

Friday brought the long awaited ultrasound of K&S, but no known sex of the baby to be. Such a shy, modest little one. Good news, baby is healthy....bad news, boy or girl? nobody knows. They've scheduled another test next week.

Friday night I went to dinner with some of my family, followed by a movie. We saw Chronicles of Narnia...and I really enjoyed it. I liked that it was very faithful to the book, and I enjoyed the way the kids looked like regular people, but everything else in Narnia (CGI effects) looked vaguely video-game-ish. I've heard some people were distracted by the effects, but I thought Narnia should look slightly un-real.

Saturday I finished book #46 for the year, Whisper of Evil by Kay Hooper. The first book in her psychic detectives series...I really liked it, but was also very creeped out by it. It was very unsettling; I think perhaps I shouldn't read her any more. We'll see how long that lasts. 392 pages

In my growing desperation to meet my 50 books goal, the next 3 books on my list are all part of the Chronicles of Narnia. Good books, quick reads...I'm still not sure what my final book will be, but it will be short. I WILL reach my goal!

Saturday was little S' funeral. His parents have been incredibly strong throughout the whole ordeal and have been an inspiration to all around them. They have handled a devastating tragedy with dignity, strength, hope and peace. I wish I were that strong as I face adversity. The hospital is doing some testing to figure out what caused him to stop breathing. Hopefully, the find the cause and are able to prevent this happening to any future T&D children.

We are anxiously awaiting the birth of "Nanners"...she is due Christmas Eve, but K is ready for her to come NOW! She'll be the 12th "nubbin" and I'm very excited for her arrival. Guaranteed she'll be spoiled rotten by Aunt Caoimhe.

46/50 16622/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...