Monday, December 26, 2005

Holiday Update

My Christmas was wonderful; I hope y'all had a great holiday as well. I got 5 beautiful Steven Meyers prints and a lot of gift cards to a variety of (what else) book stores.

My Christmas-born Grandmothers celebrated her 90th birthday yesterday and will probably live to see 95. She is now living in an assisted living facility and not lucid very often, but she has surprised us all with her resilience.

The elusive Nanners has not yet made an appearance, although she is making her parents miserable with lots of contractions and a couple of visits to the hospital. N&K can hardly wait for their bundle of joy.

I am getting ever closer to my 50 books in 2005 goal. I finished The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy both by C.S. Lewis and both 217 pages.

Last, but not least, congratulations to my roommate, L, and her brand-new fiancee, N. He is a really great guy and I'm very happy for them both. (Although, I think N is definitely getting the better end of the deal!) Wedding plans are tentatively set for late spring...a very long engagement in Utah/Mormon-time.

48/50 17096/15000

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...