The cougar sculptures are wrapped in Saran wrap, the sentries are patrolling the grounds, there are guards on the mountains protecting the "U" and the "Y" from being painted blue or red...these preparations can mean only one thing....it's rivalry week.
Every year the week before the BIG GAME is crazy. Regardless of their records, BYU and U of U fans go hog wild with predictions, bets, and decorations. This year the fever is worse than ever before. Utah has the opportunity to be the first team from the conference to participate in a BCS Bowl Game, bringing millions of dollars and some recognition to our little state; along with Urban Meyer being the most sought-after coach in college football. BYU, with a win, could still make it into a smaller bowl game and Gary Crowton could possibly keep his job.
I grew up in a home where my dad graduated from BYU and my mom attended the U of U; rivalry week was always interesting growing up. Me? I really don't care who wins, although it would be nice for Utah to extend the national (positive) recognition the U is getting. I don't think it'll be close. I think Utah will blow out BYU...think about this stat...Alex Smith, quarterback for University of Utah, is responsible for a touchdown 1 out of 10 snaps he takes. GO BYUofU!
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Thursday, November 18, 2004
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...