Monday, November 01, 2004

Discretion is the better part of valor

I recently found out a co-worker of mine is having an affair with someone in our building. She is married with 2 small children and this is not her first extramarital activity. In fact, the rumor is, she still jumps one of our co-workers whenever they are in the same state, in addition to the latest 3rd floor fling.

The “fling” is a nice guy (stupid obviously, but nice) with a lovely wife and a small son. They have been seen kissing on the loading dock, walking around the pond hand in hand and she apparently hangs out around his cubicle quite a bit. The dangerous part of this little drama is that both his mom and dad work in this building as well. In fact, his dad works about 10 feet away from his mistress every day.

Isn’t this playing with fire? Isn’t it more dangerous than your run-of-the-mill workplace affair? Do they really think they can be seen canoodling around the building and his parents (and therefore, his wife) won’t find out? Can anyone explain to them the definition of discretion? Stay tuned; I’m sure this is an episode of Divorce Court waiting to happen.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...